Frank’s practice primarily focuses on complex and multidistrict tort and insurance litigation.
Frank joined Condon & Forsyth in 1973 and has represented aerospace insurers, airlines and aircraft manufacturers as lead counsel in cases involving wrongful death and personal injury. He also has significant experience with respect to insurance coverage issues and in all aspects of aviation and aerospace litigation. Having litigated in federal and state courts throughout the U.S., Frank frequently counsels foreign and domestic air carriers, aviation manufacturers and other corporate entities on federal and state regulatory requirements.
The Legal 500 United States described Frank as having “attracted plaudits from clients and other lawyers” and as “an ‘excellent trial lawyer’ who has extensive experience representing aviation clients in multi-district litigation.” He was listed as a Leading Aviation Attorney by Aviation Expert Guides and Who’s Who Legal: Transport, which described Frank as “ever-impressive” for his “highly regarded” representation of “aerospace insurers, airlines and aircraft manufacturers in major cases concerning wrongful death and personal injury.”
Frank has been lead counsel for airlines in numerous major aviation accident cases involving complex and multidistrict litigation, including the following representative cases:
- In Re: Air Crash at San Francisco, California, on July 6 12, 2013
- In Re: Air Crash Disaster at Belle Harbor, New York, on November 12, 2001
- In Re: Air Crash Disaster at Taipei, Taiwan, on October 31, 2000
- In Re: Air Crash Disaster at Agana, Guam, August 6, 1997
- In Re: Air Disaster Near Cerritos, California
- In Re: Air Disaster Near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, on September 8, 1994
Frank also has been honorably mentioned in:
- Martindale Hubbell: AV Rated – 35 years (AV-Preeminent);
- Southern California Super Lawyers (February 2009-2015, 2018);
- Euromoney’s Expert Guides – Aviation (2014-2018);
- Who’s Who Legal: Transport (2015-2018);
- Who’s Who Legal: Thought Leaders – Transport (2018) (top 2 percent);
- Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Product Liability Defense Lawyers (2000-2018);
- Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Aviation Lawyers (2001-2018);
- Who’s Who Legal, The International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers – Aviation (2002-2015);
- Expert Guide to World’s Leading Aviation Lawyers (2013-2018);
- Who’s Who Legal: California’s Leading Business Lawyers (2007- 2009);
- Who’s Who Legal: California’s Product Liability Lawyers (2009-2015);
- The Legal 500, United States, Litigation (2007-2015).
Frank is a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers and served as an officer the United States Navy (1967-1970). He is a member of the Los Angeles County, New York State, Federal and American Bar Associations and The State Bar of California. Frank formerly served as Vice Chairman of Aviation Section of American Bar Association (1996-1997, 1997-1998), Co- Chairman TIPS Aviation Seminar, “Aviation Liability into the Twenty-First Century” (October 9-10, 1996) and was a Faculty Member of the International Association of Defense Counsel Trial Academy (2004).
Newsletters and Bulletins
Published Works and Presentations
Current Issues and Different Approaches to Case Management in Various Jurisdictions, Aviation Law Association of Australia and New Zealand Ltd., Melbourne, Australia (2002).
Aftermath of 9/11, Beaumont International Aviation Conference, Singapore (2001).
The Ethical, Moral and Media Issues Created by a Mass Tort, TIPS/Aviation & Space Law Committee Annual Meeting (1997).
Overview of National Transportation Safety Board Regulations and Investigative Procedures. Orange County/ San Diego County Bar Association Annual Conference on Aviation Law (1995).
Legal Implications and Developments in Space Law. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Seventh Annual Aviation Law/ Insurance Symposium (1994).
Liability for Commercial Space Ventures. Air & Space Lawyer (Spring 1994).
Anatomy of a Trial. Orange County Bar Association, “Annual Aviation Law Symposium” (1992).
Civil Liability in Commercial Space Ventures Under United States Law. University of Burgundy, “L’exploitation Commerciale de L’expace” (1992).
Civil Liability and Commercial Space Ventures Under United States Law.” University of Burgundy, International Conference, “L’exploitation Commerciale de L’espace” (1992).
Lost in Space. “Los Angeles Lawyer,” Magazine of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (1991).
A Practical Approach to MDL Case Management. Speaker at the ABA Litigation in Aviation Seminar, Washington D.C. (1990).
Recent Developments in California Insurance Law. Lloyd’s of London Press Fifth International Aviation Law Seminar (1989).
Limitations of Liability and Commercial Space Contracts. Lloyd’s of London Press Fourth International Aviation Law Seminar (1987).
Liabilities Between Manufacturers and Users of Aircraft. American Bar Association Tort and Insurance Practice Section Conference, “Litigating the Aviation Case” (1987).
Special Insurance Coverage Problems Involving the Insurance Broker. Practicing Law Institute Conference, “Professional Liability Insurance for Attorneys, Accountants and Insurance Brokers” (1986).
Aviation Case Evaluation and Settlement – The Defendant’s Perspective. Aviation Section, Seattle King County Bar Association and Aviation Section Oregon Bar, Thirteenth Annual Aviation Law Seminar (1985).
Early Risk Analysis. Lloyd’s of London Press Third International Aviation Law Seminar (1985).