Joseph’s practice covers a broad array of experience in litigating complex commercial and business disputes.
Over the course of his career, Joseph has represented investment banks, financial institutions, pharmaceutical companies, industrial and consumer goods manufacturers, insurance companies, real estate investors, art gallery owners and a variety of small businesses and individuals. He also regularly counsels small companies and individuals on contract negotiations and employment agreements.
Joseph’s recent notable representations include:
- Serving as lead trial counsel in Bankruptcy Court and successfully proved that the debtor acted with fraudulent intent to defraud the primary secured creditor.
- Managing a complex international banking litigation arising out of the insolvency of a large New York and India based jewelry company.
- Serving as lead trial counsel during a six day trial in federal court in which he demonstrated that an antiques dealer defrauded his client through false representations in the sale of a work of art. He also persuaded the Court to order sanctions against that dealer for his submission of several false affidavits over the course of the litigation and successfully defended the appeal of the case before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit.
- Successfully representing several pharmaceutical companies in patent litigations as well as complex commercial litigations regarding the manufacture and sale of competing products.
- Defending an investment bank and brokerage house in an arbitration concerning the handling of a margin brokerage account and persuaded the panel to dismiss all the claims.
- Obtaining summary judgment in a products liability lawsuit on behalf of a manufacturer of gas meters.
- Securing dismissal of a lawsuit in which former consultants for a manufacturer of consumer goods alleged breach of contract and breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing after their termination.
Joseph is a member of The Association of the Bar of the City of New York and served as a law clerk for the Hon. Joel A. Pisano, U.S. District Judge for the District of New Jersey.