Banking & Finance Litigation
CondonBusiness’ Banking & Finance Litigation group represents domestic and international commercial banks, financial institutions and corporate entities of all sizes in disputes arising from sophisticated commercial lending, financing matters and contractual claims. In addition, the group advises financial institutions on complex compliance, insolvency and regulatory issues. Our client list includes companies from Europe, Asia and the United States.
The Banking & Finance Litigation Group is prepared to take on almost every type of banking and financial litigation matter, including managing, advising, defending and assisting clients in:
- Complex international banking and financial litigations and arbitrations.
- International and cross-border issues related to asset recovery and enforcement and related regulatory guidance (including managing compliance with the Hague Convention on Service and other treaties).
- Loan recovery (including actions on credit agreements, notes and guarantees).
- The preparation of actions to foreclose security interests and liens.
- Defending lender’s liability actions.
- Fraudulent conveyance claims.
- Bankruptcy and adversary proceedings.
Our team always strives for the optimal business resolution, whether that means coming swiftly to terms at the negotiating table or vigorously advocating in court through motions, verdict and appeals. We work closely with our clients to formulate and implement litigation strategies designed to maximize recovery and protect collateral. Our partners’ experience extends to both trial and appellate matters in the state and federal courts across the country, as well as arbitration proceedings before the International Chamber of Commerce, the American Arbitration Association and the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.
CondonBusiness’ litigators pride themselves on being a dedicated team intent on solving business challenges and providing each client, from the largest corporations to the single individual, with creative legal ideas and sharply focused attention.