Our Electronic Discovery & Information Governance practice group is a dedicated, multi-disciplinary team of attorneys that advises clients on the proactive use of data management policies, the cost effective management of electronic discovery and the strategic use of technology.
With more than ten years of experience in dealing with the real world challenges of electronic stored information (ESI), we understand the technical, legal and strategic issues that arise in this complex and evolving area of the law. Our attorneys and paralegals have managed e-discovery in complex multidistrict litigation, government investigations and in response to third-party subpoenas. Team members lecture and write frequently on electronic discovery and are involved with the Sedona Conference Working Group on Electronic Document Retention and Production, the ABA Committee on Pretrial Practice and Discovery, the ABA Law Practice Management Section as well as industry groups such as Women in eDiscovery.
What we do:
- Provide clients with advice on a host of e-discovery issues and cutting edge solutions based on our litigation experience, involvement with the Sedona Conference and constant monitoring of legal and technological developments.
- Develop, implement and audit data creation, retention, preservation and management policies/practices to ensure compliance with state and federal law and to reduce litigation risk.
- Provide training programs to assist clients in implementing data retention policies to ensure that all parties understand the relevant concerns and practices.
- Assist clients in developing e-discovery strategies for responding to litigation, government and regulatory agency investigations that involve ESI.
- Draft tailored litigation-hold, document preservation and document collection plans to ensure that clients are able to respond quickly once the duty to preserve attaches.
- Assist clients in developing comprehensive data maps to identify all potentially discoverable data.
- Develop defensible and cost efficient data protocols for the identification, preservation and collection of traditional documents and ESI.
- Manage all phases of ESI review, analysis and production using appropriate state of the art software, review platforms and tools to control cost.
- Advise clients concerning meet and confer obligations and legal strategy; conduct all electronic discovery related motion practice and prepare corporate employees for depositions regarding client information technology infrastructure.
- Assist in the evaluation and selection of IT service providers to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective electronic discovery solutions.