We have assisted our aviation clients in responding to mass disasters and managing their aftermath for more than 50 years.
Our attorneys routinely assist airlines, manufacturers, maintenance providers and other transportation companies to mitigate the adverse publicity, manage government investigations, and assess the legal ramifications associated with these events. Our post-incident objectives include effective victim and family assistance, protection of the client’s reputation and legal rights and the rapid resumption of normal operations.
Our attorneys counsel clients on how to address the unique challenges that arise from high profile catastrophic events, while simultaneously providing highly experienced representation in subsequent litigation. The firm has particular expertise in assisting our clients who are parties to major accident investigations and public hearings conducted by the U.S. National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB).
We proactively assist clients before an incident occurs by evaluating accident and incident response preparedness, auditing their internal manuals and procedures, and by providing seminars on what to expect when an accident occurs.
Recent incidents in which we have provided our clients with crisis management, emergency response and legal representation include:
- Roy Halladay crash, Gulf of Mexico, off the coast of Florida, on November 7, 2017
- Mid-air collision near San Diego-Brown Field Municipal Airport, California, on August 16, 2015
- Gulfstream Aerospace Corporation G-IV crash at Laurence G. Hanscom Field, Bedford, Massachusetts, on May 31, 2014
- Twin-engine private plane crash in Gaithersberg, Maryland, on December 14, 2014
- Asiana Flight 214 at San Francisco, California on July 6, 2013
- Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 in Georgetown, Guyana on July 30, 2011
- Cougar Helicopters Flight 91, Atlantic Ocean off Newfoundland, Canada, on March 12, 2009
- Colgan Air Flight 3407 near Buffalo, New York on February 12, 2009
- TACA International Airlines Flight 390 near Tegucigalpa, Honduras on May 30, 2008
- American Flight 587 in Belle Harbor, New York on November 12, 2001
- Terrorist attacks involving American Airlines Flights 11 and 77 on September 11, 2001