We have assisted our aviation clients in responding to mass disasters and managing their aftermath for more than 50 years.
Our attorneys routinely assist airlines, manufacturers, maintenance providers and other transportation companies to mitigate the adverse publicity, and manage the government investigations, and legal ramifications associated with these events. Post-incident objectives include effective victim and family assistance, protection of the client’s reputation and legal rights and the rapid resumption of normal operations.
Our attorneys counsel our clients on how to address the unique challenges that arise from high profile catastrophic events, while simultaneously providing highly experienced representation in subsequent litigation. We have particular expertise in assisting clients who are parties to major accident investigations and public hearings conducted by the United States National Transportation Safety Board.
We also provide proactive assistance to our clients before an incident occurs by evaluating their accident and incident response preparedness, and auditing their internal manuals and procedures.
The recent incidents in which we have provided our clients with crisis management, emergency response and legal representation include:
- Air India Express Flight 1344 at Calicut International Airport on August 7, 2020
- Zivko Edge 540T at Guatemala Aeroclub in Iztapa on January 24, 2020
- Atlas Air Flight 3591 in Trinity Bay on February 23, 2019
- Aeromexico Flight 2431 in Durango, Mexico on July 31, 2018
- Nature Air Flight 9916 at Punta Islita, Costa Rica on December 31, 2017
- American Airlines Flight 386 at Chicago O’Hare International Airport on October 2, 2016
- Dynamic Airways Flight 405 at Fort Lauderdale International Airport on October 29, 2015
- AirAsia Flight 8501 in the Java Sea on December 28, 2014
- Asiana Flight 214 at San Francisco, California on July 6, 2013
- Caribbean Airlines Flight 523 in Georgetown, Guyana on July 30, 2011
- Colgan Air Flight 3407 near Buffalo, New York on February 12, 2009
- TACA International Airlines Flight 390 near Tegucigalpa, Honduras on May 30, 2008
- American Flight 587 in Belle Harbor, New York on November 12, 2001
- Terrorist attacks involving American Airlines Flights 11 and 77 on September 11, 2001