The firm’s attorneys regularly advise our clients on various legal issues affecting the workplace.
We provide counsel to employers on work-related matters such as disabilities, employee compensation, family leave, severance and termination policies, substance abuse and discrimination.
The employment-related issues we deal with regularly include:
- Employment discrimination claims under Title VII, the ADA (American with Disabilities Act), the ADEA (Age Discrimination in Employment Act), the FMLA (Family and Medical Leave Act) and other federal and state human rights laws;
- Wrongful termination claims based on employee manuals, written and unwritten contracts and public policy;
- Wrongful discharge allegations and “whistleblower” matters;
- Health and safety claims under OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Administration) legislation;
- Arbitration of employment claims;
- Harassment investigations and litigation;
- Employment contracts and policies;
- Work related disabilities;
- Employee compensation;
- Discrimination litigation, including gender, sexual preference, race, age and medical conditions; and
- Employment relations programs and human resource management.
We have successfully represented employers on these issues before state and federal courts and administrative agencies, and in arbitrations and mediations.
Our attorneys also assist clients in the drafting and review of employee handbooks, affirmative action plans and personnel policies, leaves of absence, performance reviews, substance abuse and testing programs, and workers’ compensation. We regularly conduct client seminars on employment related issues and the developing law in labor and employment litigation.